Since it first started in Australia in 1991, McHappy Day has raised more than $42 million for RMHC, $4 million of which was raised in 2017.
Naomi Watts 2018 McHappy Day Ambassador said, “As a mum, I couldn’t imagine being apart from my kids if they were sick or injured. Ronald McDonald House Charities keeps these families together when they need it most and I’m honoured to be this year’s Ambassador. I can’t wait to head to Australia next month and help McHappy Day raise as much as possible for RMHC.”
Barbara Ryan, CEO of RHMC, added, “We’re thrilled to have Naomi on board for McHappy Day this year helping us to raise awareness as well us funding for our essential programs for seriously ill children and their families.”
“It’s the generosity of people right across the country that will help us achieve our biggest McHappy Day yet as we grow to meet the needs of more than 40,000 families who will turn to us for support in the coming year” added Barbara.
How you can help
- Donations for McHappy Day can be made from the 28th of October, head to https://www.rmhc.org.au/mchappyday.
- $2 from every Big Mac sold on McHappy Day will go directly to Ronald McDonald House Charities.
- Buying a pair of $5 McHappy Day socks or $2, $5, $10 or $50 Helping Hands.
- Making a gold coin donation with one of RMHC’s Bucket Brigades on McHappy Day and on Sunday 18th November.
- 10 cents from every 600mL Cool Ridge Water over the next 12 months is going to RMHC.
You might also like: