1.Scrape the plate into the bin then give each item a rinse in clean water.
2. Fill items like pans with hot water and allow them to soak.
3. Start with a clean sink. You might want to use a plastic washing up bowl to help protect your dishes and glasses, and you can use the gap between the bowl and the sink for rinsing.
4. Fill the bowl or sink with hot soapy water then hand wash in this order:
- mugs, saucers and side plates
- large plates
- serving ware
- pans and roasting tins.
5. Use hot water to rinse each item as you go along, and place on a rack to drain.
You might also like: