According to relationship mentor, psychologist and matchmaker, Yvonne Allen, founder of Yvonne Allen and Associates, “one of the biggest challenges for many couples in today’s world is finding time for romance. Everyone is just too busy or distracted by other things!”
According to Yvonne, enjoying intimate time together can be the foundation of a successful relationship through the ups and downs of life. It helps both partners to focus on meeting each other’s needs emotionally and physically, and to affirm how important they are for each other. It not only brings a couple close together, but it’s also good for their physical wellbeing and their mental health too. Unfortunately, long days, early mornings, stress, workplace pressures and family responsibilities can all erode the quality of our relationship.
Yvonne’s tips to help you improve connections with your partner.
1. Communicate with your partner. Sometimes, just having a conversation helps to get things moving and puts you both in the same mindset to commit to doing things together.
2. Take time to cuddle to bring you closer and counter the pressures of every day.
3. Get active and start exercising more. Regular exercise is good for the mind and body. It improves your heart health, increases circulation, helps to improve your body image, lifts your mood.
4. Find time to take ‘time out’. Stress can have a negative impact in many ways. The list of every day ‘to-do's‘ can all too often take over, leaving us with little opportunity to focus on enjoying simple pleasures. Taking intentional time out can not only help to restore our sense of calm but also boost our physical and emotional energy.
5. If your life runs on a schedule, then ensure that you add sharing quality time together to your list of ‘to dos’. This could be as simple as dining out together, preparing your partner’s favourite meal or going to see a movie and discussing it afterwards over a glass of wine or dinner in a nearby restaurant – preferably candlelit if your date is at night!
6. Say ‘I love you’ to your partner more often. Tell them how much you care and remind them with love messages. Let them know what you love about them.
By making simple changes every day and supporting each other through extra effort, partners can strengthen their relationship.
You might also like: