Socks can still be dirty after washing for a few reason: not pre-treating your sock stains, using too little detergent, or a detergent that’s not strong enough for socks, to name a few.
So how do you make old, dirty socks white again?
Taking to TikTok, cleanwith_kayleigh shared a video with her 2.1 million followers on how to make filthy socks look new again.
“Let's get those filthy socks back BRIGHT WHITE again," she writes in the caption of her video.
The cleaning expert grabs a pair of dirty white socks and sprays them with The Pink Stuff Miracle Laundry Oxi Stain Remover for whites and colours – and the results are... bright!
How to make socks white again in four steps
- Grab your dirty socks.
- Spray with The Pink Stuff Miracle Laundry Oxi Stain Remover and let soak in for a few minutes.
- Then pop them in the wash with the rest of your white load of washing.
- For the wash cycle, Kayleigh has used both the Miracle Laundry Detergent and the Miracle Laundry Oxi Powder Stain Remover for whites, and the socks have come out looking a lot cleaner.
White stain remover on colours
Kayleigh’s followers loved her video and were keen to try The Pink Stuff for themselves. However, one comment asked if the Oxi powder and spray can be used on colours and whites.
The Oxi powder and Spray For Colours can be used on colour-fast clothes and fabrics, including whites. However, the powder and spray are formulated with a stronger formula for whites, making it unsuitable for colours.
The stain removal is not suitable for any delicate items of clothing. Dry clean only garments and anything that says do not bleach.
More tips to help keep the bottom of your socks clean
- Regular washing: Wash socks frequently to remove dirt, sweat, and odour. Follow the care instructions on the sock label and use appropriate detergent and washing temperatures.
- Pre-treat stains: Treat stains promptly by rinsing or pre-soaking the affected area before washing. This can help prevent stains from setting in and make it easier to remove them during the wash cycle.
- Separate socks: Separate socks from heavily soiled items during washing to prevent dirt or stains from transferring onto them.
- Air out and dry properly: After wearing socks, allow them to air out and fully dry before storing them. This can help prevent odour-causing bacteria from multiplying and extend the freshness of the socks.
- Invest in quality socks: High-quality socks made from durable materials may resist stains better and maintain their appearance for longer periods.
You might also like: