Here are our top tips for best results:
- On arrival inside, check each plant thoroughly for small insects and bugs - so they don't spread them to your indoor plant community
- It’s best to use pots of similar sizes and materials for visual impact, nestled close together to create the sense of a bed of green
- Prune or repot the plant during this time if needed
- Move them in gradually to avoid shock - on to your verandah or into your laundry to help them acclimatise to the new temperature
- Only bring in healthy plants - if they're already struggling, this
- Water less often in winter
- Be patient - some plants just won't survive indoors
Keep your plants moving by rotating them on the spot for even foliage growth and into sunny spots around your home to encourage photosynthesis. Some plants will require outside visits in the sun.
Contrast organic forms of the wild with the sleek shine of glassJOHN MANGILA
This article originally appeared on Home Beautiful.