• 3 cloves garlic, finely grated
• 2 tsp ground cumin
• 1 tsp smoked paprika
• 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• ¼ cup red wine vinegar
• 6 skinless chicken thigh fillets
• 3 cobs corn, husks removed
• Extra 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 200g red quinoa
• Sea-salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
• Juice of ½ lemon
• 1 cup whole-egg mayonnaise
• 2 Tbsp Spanish-style barbecue sauce
• 1 cup finely chopped coriander leaves
• Finely sliced chipotle or green chillies, to serve
• Extra coriander leaves, to serve
• Extra Spanish-style barbecue sauce, to serve
Preheat barbecue grill or chargrill pan to a medium heat.
Put garlic, cumin, paprika, oil and vinegar in a large bowl. Add chicken and massage to coat. Allow to sit at room temperature for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, brush corn with ½ of the extra oil and grill for 12 minutes or until charred and cooked. Slice corn kernels from the cobs and transfer to a bowl.
Cook quinoa in boiling salted water for 8-10 minutes, then drain and transfer to a large bowl. Stir in remaining oil. Season and set aside.
Grill chicken for 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Remove from heat and cover with foil. Set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine lemon juice, mayonnaise and barbecue sauce in a large bowl. Set aside. Put quinoa and corn salad in a large serving bowl.
Toss chicken in mayonnaise mixture, then scatter coriander over each piece. Arrange on top of salad. Top with chilli and extra coriander, then drizzle with extra sauce to serve.