“A quarter of a century in design has taught me many lessons,” says Bronnie. “Here are my top five style rules.”
1. Layer your home over time. This will give your home an individual look, rather than looking like the latest furniture catalogue. Your home should tell your story.
2. Storage is everything! – Build your home with storage at the forefront of your decision making. You can never really have too much storage.
3. Build a healthy relationship with your tradies. Your design is only as good as their craftsmanship. This is truly one of the most important elements of your build or renovation. Respect and appreciate your tradies and they will go the extra mile for a better result.
4. Use the best quality items your dollar will buy and go without the extras, until your bank balance recovers. Getting the foundation right will allow you to improve over time, rather than having to constantly start at the beginning.
5. Create a mood board. It’s a simple way of nailing your look and assisting with keeping you on track. Some people like to use apps like Pinterest to help with this process, others prefer to cut out pages from magazines. Whatever your method, keep adding and refining until you really feel you have found your true style.
You might also like: