Why extra virgin olive oil is better than olive oil
If you thought the ‘extra virgin’ label on your olive oil had anything to do with lightness in colour and flavour, think again: it’s actually a mark of quality.
Better Homes and Gardens
Here’s why extra virgin olive oil is the healthiest choice to you in your kitchen, for you and your family:
1. Of all the oils, extra virgin olive oil is the healthiest choice. Consuming at least two tablespoons a day of extra virgin olive oil, such as Cobram Estate’s vast selection, has been scientifically proven to help support heart and health in conjunction with a Mediterranean diet.
2. Australian producers typically process their olives within eight hours from harvesting, locking in the freshness and goodness. Australian extra virgin olive oil is fresher than imported oil as it typically reaches our shelves within months of being produced.
3. It’s pure, unadulterated mono-unsaturated fat that’s actually good for you! Many essential vitamins and minerals need fat to help them do their job. Our skin, hair and nails thrive on it. As for weight loss, health fat helps rather than hinders because it promotes that all-important sense of satiety.
4. Extra virgin olive oil is full of natural antioxidants, which isn’t found in a lot of other oils. Antioxidants help protect the body from cell damage and reduce blood pressure.
5. EVOO leaves the palate clean and tastes fresh without overpowering your dish. Try this gorgeous Lemon Ricotta Pancake recipe that uses EVOO.