Currently, the best mask on the Australian market is the N95 mask, also referred to as the P2 mask.
When worn correctly, they are able to filter out very fine particles from the air. To be effective, these masks must be fitted according to the manufacturer’s instructions and form a tight seal around the face.
But for those with beards, it's recommended that they shave before using a P2 mask as a good seal between the mask and the wearer's face cannot be guaranteed if they have facial hair.
However, as we've seen previously, with the stockpiling of hand sanitiser and toilet roll, it's also getting harder to get your hands on some N95 masks.
Here's a round-up of where you can get N95 masks in Australia:
1. Catzon 10 Pcs KN95 dust mask, $24.75, Catch.com.au
2. ALTSA Medical N95 filtering mask 400PCS, $506, Catch.com.au
3. Softmed N95 Particulate Cup Respirator 20 Pack, $39.99, Chemist Warehouse
4. Softmed N95 face masks 10 Pack, $19.95, Chemist Warehouse
5. Badger Australia P2 Unvalved Respirator Pk20, $46.75, Medcart
6. N95 respirator and surgical face mask box of 10, $27.45, Vital Medical Supplies
7. Australian made P2 4-Layer face mask with earloops 25 pack, $59.95, PPETECH
8. AlphaProTech N95 face masks x 35, $208.95, Chemist Direct
You might also like: