• 100ml extra virgin olive oil
• 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
• 1 Tbsp honey
• Sea-salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
• 1⁄2 small (about 1.5kg) watermelon, rind removed
• 150g block haloumi cheese
• Extra 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 1⁄2 red onion, very thinly sliced
• Arils (seeds) of 1⁄2 a pomegranate
• 2 Tbsp pistachios, roughly chopped
• 1⁄2 cup mint leaves
Combine oil, vinegar and honey in a small jar. Screw on lid and shake well to combine. Season with salt and pepper, then set aside.
Cut watermelon into thin wedges about 1cm thick and 7cm long, then arrange on a large serving platter.
Preheat a barbecue grill plate to high or put a chargrill pan over a high heat. Cut haloumi into squares about 1cm thick and 4cm wide, then arrange on a baking tray. Drizzle with extra oil. Grill haloumi for 1 minute on each side or until golden brown. Arrange on top of watermelon wedges.
Scatter onion, pomegranate arils, pistachios and mint leaves over watermelon wedges and haloumi, then drizzle over dressing. Season with black pepper and serve immediately.