Preparation time 10 mins
Cooking time 20 mins
- 4 cups cold roast vegies
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Sea-salt flakes and freshly ground
- black pepper, to season
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 250g chorizo, thickly sliced on diagonal
- ½ cup mixed salted roast nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
STEP 1 Preheat oven to 220ºC fan-forced (240ºC conventional). Put vegies onto a large oven tray and add onion. Put vinegar, zest and mustard in a jar, add 2 Tbsp of the oil and secure lid. Shake well to combine. Season and drizzle half over the vegetables. Roast for 15 minutes or until warmed through. Squeeze lemon juice over the top.
STEP 2 Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat. Add chorizo and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in nuts and garlic and cook for a further 1 minute. Remove from heat. Scatter spinach over the top of the vegetables followed by chorizo mixture. Scatter herbs over the top and toss at the table. Serve.
For more great recipes to use up your leftovers, don’t miss the February issue of Better Homes and Gardens, on stands now!