• 300g pumpkin, seeded, peeled
• 3⁄4 cup white quinoa
• 11⁄2 cups vegetable stock
• 8 red winter kale leaves
• 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 1 red onion, finely diced
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• Sea-salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
• 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted
• 2 Tbsp currants
• 250g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
• 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
• Extra 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 1⁄4 cup basil leaves
• Crusty bread, to serve
Preheat oven to 200°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Dice pumpkin and arrange in a single layer on prepared tray. Cook for 15 minutes or until just tender.
Meanwhile, put quinoa and stock in a medium saucepan over a high heat. Bring to the boil, then cover with a lid. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 12 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and quinoa is tender. Transfer to a heatproof bowl and set aside.
Remove kale leaves from stem and roughly chop. Put oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion is soft. Stir in kale and cook, stirring occasionally, for a further 2 minutes or until kale is just softened. Season with salt and pepper.
Add kale mixture to quinoa with pine nuts, currants, tomato, vinegar and extra oil. Toss to combine, then spoon onto a serving platter and top with basil. Serve with crusty bread on the side.