• 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 1 brown onion, finely chopped
• 250ml dry white wine
• 1L vegetable stock
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• 1 carrot, peeled, diced
• 1 (350g) swede, peeled and diced into
• 1cm pieces
• 450g butternut pumpkin, peeled, seeded, diced into 2cm pieces
• 100g button mushrooms, quartered
• 4 fresh sage leaves
• 1½ cups arborio rice
• 1 cup frozen peas
• 20g parmesan, finely grated
• Fried sage leaves, to serve
• Lemon wedges, to serve
• Shaved parmesan, to serve
• Extra virgin olive oil, to serve
Heat ½ of the oil in a large saucepan over a high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until light golden. Add wine and bring to the boil. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until reduced by half. Add stock and bring to the boil.
Meanwhile, put garlic, carrot, swede, pumpkin, mushroom and sage in the bowl
of a 4.5L slow cooker.
Pour hot stock mixture over vegetables. Heat remaining oil in a large frying pan over a high heat and add rice. Cook for 5 minutes. Add to slow cooker, then cover and cook on low for 1 hour 50 minutes.
Top with peas and parmesan. Cover and cook on high for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
Serve with fried sage leaves, lemon wedges, shaved parmesan and extra olive oil.