If there's one thing you should never throw away, it's an old toothbrush. A valuable addition to your cleaning arsenal, it's small enough to get into the tiniest nook and cranny.
We've rounded up 17 clever ways to use an old toothbrush.
1. Use one to clean appliances like toasters and coffee machines (make sure they’re turned off first).
2. Use a dab of hair clay or wax on a toothbrush to groom eyebrows.
3. Gently exfoliate dry skin on your lips with a toothbrush.
4. Remove dust at the back of a hairdryer with a toothbrush – just be sure it’s switched off first.
5. Use a toothbrush to remove mould and grime on grout.
6. Remove grime and dust from dolls and toys with a toothbrush.
7. Use a toothbrush and stain remover to gently scrub a stain on your clothes, sofa or carpet.
8. Keep an old toothbrush with your child’s art supplies. It can be used to make splatter paintings and to add texture to clay and play-doh.
9. Remove dirt and mud from the soles of shoes with a toothbrush.
10. Toothbrushes are perfect for cleaning delicate jewellery.
11. Clean hard-to-reach spots in your car with a toothbrush.
12. Use vodka and a toothbrush to clean around your diamond ring.
13. Don’t have a nail brush? Use a toothbrush instead.
14. Use a dry toothbrush to remove crumbs from keyboards.
15. Gently brush your cat’s face with an old toothbrush.
16. Apply hairspray to a toothbrush and smooth stray hairs around your hairline.
17. Gently clean suede shoes and handbags with an old toothbrush.
RELATED: Speed cleaning tips and tricks