2. Control clutter with wall-mounted storage. For overhead flat-pack cabinets, invest in a set of plain kitchen cabinets. Customise with pretty knobs for a fresh yet functional look.
3. A display shelf on a brightly painted feature wall is a fantastic way to add interest above eye-level. Prep and undercoat a 19 x 285mm length of pine as well as decorative pine brackets, then paint with 2 coats of Dulux Aquanamel in Vivid White. Allow to dry between coats. Screw brackets into wall studs or wall plugs in masonry walls and fix shelf in position.
4. A day bed makes this space extra versatile. It transforms into a handy pull-out double bed, turning the office into a comfortable bedroom for guests.
5. Set the scene by making a feature of your usual clutter in classic containers.
6. If you like to knit, display balls of wool in an eye-catching wire basket. Not only does it look great, but it makes them easily accessible for when the knitting urge strikes! Other decorative touches, such as ornaments, pictures and flowers, add a splash of colour and touch of style.
7. Extra storage always comes in handy in any home office or craft space. A bedside bargain, such as this old set of drawers, is easily spruced up to look as good as new. This set makes a handy solution for tidying away stuff, and doubles up as a night table. For solid timber drawers, lightly sand, coat in stain blocker, then add 2 coats of Dulux Aquanamel in Peppy. Allow to dry between coats. Complete the look with a new set of decorative knobs.
8. Working it! To achieve this striking look, start with a crisp white wall (we used Dulux Wash & Wear in Vivid White). Divide your wall into 5 even sections between the skirting and picture rail, or, if you don’t have a picture rail, line up with the door height. Using a pencil and level, mark up sections. Carefully apply painter’s tape along each line, pressing tape flat against the wall. The painted sections should be even, so double check the tape has been applied to the correct side of each marked line. Using a brush, cut in at top, bottom and sides, then use a mini roller to fill in with Dulux Wash & Wear in Swedish Yellow and Peppy, or your colours of choice. Apply 2 coats for best results, allowing to dry fully after each one. Gently peel off the tape for the big reveal!