• Sea-salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
• 1.7kg lamb leg, bone in
• 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
• 1⁄2 bunch mint, leaves picked, plus extra, to garnish (optional)
• 4 sprigs rosemary, leaves picked, plus extra, to garnish (optional)
• 8 cloves garlic
• 2 tsp sweet paprika
• 2 tsp ground cumin
• 2 tsp ground cinnamon
• 1 tsp ground cloves
• Juice of 2 lemons
• Roasted vegetables, to serve
Preheat oven to 220°C. Season lamb, then rub with 2 tsp of the oil. Put in a roasting pan and cook for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 180°C and continue roasting for a further 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, put mint, rosemary, garlic, spices, lemon juice and the remaining oil in a blender and purée until very smooth. Baste lamb and roast for a further 30 minutes, basting every 5 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside for 10 minutes to rest. Garnish with extra herbs, if using, and serve with roasted vegetables.