• 2L coconut mango ice-cream
• 2 peaches, stones removed, diced
• 1 cup white chocolate bits
• 103g block Death by White
• Chocolate with Raspberry and Balsamic, broken into small pieces
• Sliced mango, peach and star fruit, baby vanilla meringues, passionfruit pulp, to decorate
Note: Allow 10 minutes chilling
Put ice-cream in a large bowl and stand for 5 minutes to soften but not melt. Add peach and white chocolate bits to ice-cream and stir to combine. Spoon mixture into an 18 x 7cm-deep non-stick loose-based round cake tin. Cover tin with plastic wrap. Tap tin firmly on a flat surface to remove air bubbles, then freeze overnight.
To make shards, melt chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Stir occasionally until chocolate is melted and smooth. Lay a 30cm sheet of baking paper on a flat surface. Pour chocolate onto baking paper, using a spatula to spread evenly. Transfer paper to an oven tray and chill for 20 minutes or until hard. Break chocolate into pieces.
Unmould ice-cream cake (if tight, rub a hot cloth around edge of tin to soften slightly). Put cake on a stand. Decorate with shards, fruit and meringues. Drizzle with passionfruit pulp. Serve.
This recipe originally appeared in Family Circle, Christmas 2015