• 200g Arnott’s Choc Ripple biscuits
• 80g butter, melted
• 200g dark chocolate, chopped
• 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
• 60ml hazelnut-flavoured liqueur, such as Frangelico
• 150ml thickened cream, at room temperature
• 300g cream cheese, at room temperature
• 150g caster sugar
• 200g extra dark chocolate, for decorating
• Extra cocoa powder, for dusting
• Whipped cream, to serve
Note: Allow 30 minutes chilling and 2 hours freezing time.
• If you’d like a firmer cheesecake, add two softened gelatine leaves to the warm, melted chocolate before folding into the cream.
• Serve the cheesecake with a homemade coffee syrup. Bring three shots of espresso coffee and three tablespoons of sugar to the boil, then cool and serve.
Line a 20cm springform cake tin with baking paper.
Put biscuits in a zip-lock bag and crush with a rolling pin, or process in a food processor until fine crumbs form. Put crumbs in a medium bowl with butter and stir to combine. Press crumb mixture firmly into tin and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Put chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, and stir gently until melted and smooth. Remove from heat. Set aside to cool for 15 minutes or until at room temperature.
Combine cocoa powder and liqueur in a medium bowl. Add the melted chocolate and stir to combine.
Meanwhile, whip cream until soft peaks form. Gently stir in chocolate mixture, in 2 batches, to combine. Set aside.
Put cream cheese and sugar in a food processor. Process until blended, then fold in chocolate cream and stir well to combine.
Pour mixture onto biscuit base in tin and smooth the top. Freeze for 2 hours or until firm to touch.
Line a large tray with baking paper. Put extra chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water, and stir gently until melted and smooth. Pour chocolate into a small jug or use a spoon to drizzle chocolate onto prepared tray to form spoon-like shapes with long, thin handles. Freeze until hardened.
Carefully remove chocolate decorations from paper and arrange on top of cheesecake. Dust with extra cocoa and serve immediately with whipped cream on the side.