Everything is a potential planter when using succulents. These shapely little specimens need minimal soil and care, so are ideal when you want to repurpose assorted objects and turn them into containers with a twist. Their wonderful colours and forms offer a year-round display anyone can maintain.
1. Rosy red-leaved aeoniums always add brilliant colour.
2. Add clusters of sedums to the mix for their fleshy and cute coral-like leaves.
3. If you’re after more shrubby succulents, check out the various Crassula species.
4. With their wavy leaves, many of the larger forms of echeveria look like exotic sea-life.
5. For a splash of golden flowers, seek out Sedum ‘Gold Mound’.