A sparkling bathroom is often high on a renovator's list, but if yours is in pretty good nick, it’s hard to justify a full-blown redo. But you can give it a cosmetic refresh with these budget-wise ideas and a dose of country charm.
Of course, finding materials with a zero dollar price tag is a terrific tool for keeping costs down. Kick off your reno by trawling the free section of online trading sites or local council kerbside collections.
- If your existing wall tiles are in good order, consider them keepers! Just paint the strip of wall above in a soothing shade you love, here Dulux Pesto. Add a charming vintage vanity table for your basin – it’s easy to DIY.
- Fresh blooms from your garden add colour without blowing the budget.
- Acrylic sheets from the hardware store are a cost-effective way to replace wall tiles in the shower. Save the removed tiles to replace missing ones elsewhere. You can lay new tiles over existing floor tiles on a sound substrate – these wood-look beauties 4were from a council clean-up.
- Hang striking prints for a bold effect.
- Play up the laid-back styling with woven laundry baskets.