• 500g dried spaghetti
• 3 tsp extra virgin olive oil
• 1 clove garlic, smashed
• 200g flat pancetta, cut into batons (from delis or at deli counter of larger supermarkets)
• 2 free-range eggs
• 2 free-range egg yolks
• 40g parmesan, finely grated, plus extra, to serve
• Sea-salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
• Flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped, to garnish
Cook spaghetti in a large saucepan of boiling salted water following pack instructions.
Meanwhile, put oil and garlic in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
Stir in pancetta and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes or until pancetta is lightly browned.
Meanwhile, put eggs, egg yolks and parmesan in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Season with pepper and set aside.
Use tongs to remove cooked spaghetti from saucepan and transfer into frying pan, allowing a little of the pasta water to transfer on pasta strands.
Toss well then remove frying pan from heat. Add egg mixture to pan, tossing well to coat spaghetti. Taste, then season with salt, if necessary.
Arrange carbonara on serving plates. Top with parsley and extra parmesan, and season with pepper. Serve.