• 4 medium croissants
• 12 eggs
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to season
• 25g unsalted butter,chopped
• 1⁄4 cup double cream
• 150g smoked salmon, thinly sliced
• 2 Tbsp chopped chives
• If salmon’s not your thing, use a little crumbled feta and a handful of torn basil instead.
• As a general rule, allow three eggs per person when making scrambled eggs.
Split croissants in half horizontally. Crack eggs into a large bowl, season with salt and pepper and whisk until just combined.
Melt butter in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add egg mixture and cook until just slightly set on the base of the pan. Using a heatproof spatula, scrape egg mixture, from 1 side of pan to the other, to create large curds. When egg is almost cooked (still slightly wet), stir in cream. Remove from heat and fold in salmon.
Meanwhile, heat a second large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add croissants, cut-side down, and cook for 1-2 minutes or until golden.
Transfer croissant bases to serving plates. Spoon scrambled egg mixture onto each base. Sprinkle chives over each, add croissant tops and serve.