Make these utterly charming slow-stitch cottages using reclaimed fabrics, with sprinkles of ricrac, fabric yo-yos, buttons and simple stitching. You can embellish the cottages as much – or as little – as you like. Try out a few new techniques and follow our easy-to-use instructions to create a whole village! They make great gifts, too.
To order your slow-stitch kits, visit bhgshop.com.au
Download the instructions for your slow-stitch cottages here
Included in your kit
- 2 pieces of vintage 1920s hand-stitched ‘cutter quilt’
- 3 skeins of Cottage Garden hand-dyed thread in Raspberry, Spruce and Silver Fir
- A specially curated selection of Forage reclaimed fabric scraps sourced from Lisa Mattock’s travels to France, the UK and the USA, in complementary colours
- 10 vintage mother-of-pearl buttons
- #22 Chenille needle
- Paper templates for the roof, walls and floor of your cottage
For you to note
- Fabric in each kit varies for one-of-a-kind houses. Sufficient fabric (excluding calico backing fabric) to complete one house. You’ll need about 45 x 45cm calico.
- Toy fill for stuffing not included in kit.
- Feel free to incorporate embellishments, such as lace, ric rac, ribbons and buttons, from your own collection to truly make this project your own.
For more craft projects, pick up a copy of the latest issue of Better Homes and Gardens magazine in selected newsagents and supermarkets or buy online today!