• 150g rice vermicelli
• 100g green beans, sliced
• 3 Tbsp light soy sauce
• 3 Tbsp rice wine or dry sherry
• 1 Tbsp curry powder (preferably Malaysian)
• 2 tsp caster sugar
• 2 large cloves garlic, peeled, crushed
• 2 Tbsp finely grated ginger
• 1 green chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
• 3 green shallots, finely sliced
• ½ red capsicum, thinly sliced
• ¼ wombok cabbage, finely shredded
• 4 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
• 6 water chestnuts, sliced
• ¹⁄³ cups peas
• 100g char siu pork, thinly sliced (or use shredded cooked chicken or duck)
• 4 cooked prawns, peeled, deveined, tails on, chopped thinly on a diagonal
• 1 egg
• Pinch of salt
• 2 Tbsp peanut or vegetable oil
• Coriander sprigs, to garnish
NOTE: Allow 30 minutes standing time
Put vermicelli in a medium bowl. Cover with boiling water and stand for 30-45 seconds or until just softened. Drain into a fine sieve over a bowl. Stand in sieve to drain well for 30 minutes, tossing occasionally so vermicelli do not stick together.
Cook beans in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 1 minute or until just tender. Drain well.
Combine soy, rice wine, 1¼ tsp of the curry powder and sugar in a large bowl. Add vermicelli and toss gently to coat well. In a small bowl, combine garlic, ginger, chilli, shallot and remaining curry powder.
Combine beans, capsicum, cabbage, mushrooms, water chestnuts and peas in a bowl. Combine pork and prawns in a bowl. Whisk together egg and salt in a small jug.
Heat oil in a large wok over a medium-high heat until oil smokes. Add garlic mixture and stir-fry for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add vegies and toss for 2 minutes. Push to side and add egg to wok. Cook for 1 minute or until egg begins to set. Gently scramble egg through vegies. Add pork and prawns, then toss until combined. Add vermicelli and toss all ingredients for 1-2 minutes or until well combined and heated through. Transfer to serving bowls and top with coriander. Serve.