If we are honest however, most of us would like a little style and luxury as well. The only downside is that complete bathroom renovations can be expensive. Fortunately, you can makeover your bathroom and look after your budget at the same time.
Simple changes for big results
Sprucing up your bathroom can be as simple as removing, replacing and adding a few key items. Removing items and decluttering your bathroom can work wonders. It can make your bathroom feel lighter, as well as free up some valuable storage space.
• Remove anything that no longer works or belongs in the bathroom
• Remove all clutter from your benchtop, only keeping the bare necessities
• Clean out your bathroom cabinets and drawers, and throw away items that are out of date or that you no longer use
• Ditch your old towels and bath mat and make room for some new ones.
Replacing bathroom accessories and fixtures is a quick and relatively inexpensive way to give your bathroom an instant lift.
• Replace outdated bathroom fixtures such as toilet roll holders, door and drawer handles
• Install modern hardware such as shower heads, taps, and towel rails
• Update your light fittings — you may even wish to swap them for a bathroom heat light
• Treat yourself to new bathroom décor and replace items such as shower curtains, soap dispensers, bathroom mats and towels
• Replace battered cabinets with a freestanding vanity
• Get rid of your old window coverings and replace them with a sleek retractable blind, or a bamboo blind
• Breathe new life into your bathroom by repainting your walls or cabinets, or even painting over your outdated tiles.
Adding new items is a sure-fire way to update the look and feel of your bathroom.
• Add a spot of colour by painting a feature wall
• Bring nature inside by adding an indoor plant or an orchid
• Add some new shelving or some trendy baskets for extra storage space
• Add a touch of glamour by installing downlights or a gold-rimmed mirror
• Bring the space to life by hanging some trendy artwork.
Seek professional assistance
Giving your bathroom a makeover doesn’t have to be expensive or complicated. With a bit of planning, most bathrooms can be totally transformed over a weekend. However, if you discover any plumbing issues, or electrical issues that need attention, seek the services of a registered professional. Do not attempt to fix them yourself.