Sambal vegetable stir-fry
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 5 mins
Serves 4 as a side
• 2 Tbsp sambal stir-fry paste (try Yeo’s Sambal Stir-Fry Paste)
• 1 Tbsp soy sauce
• 2 tsp sesame oil
• 1 bunch broccolini, chopped
• 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
• 1 carrot, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
• 1 red onion, thinly sliced
• 410g can baby corn spears, drained
• 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
• ½ cup Thai basil leaves
• 2 Tbsp roughly chopped garlic chives
Step 1: Combine sambal and soy in a small bowl. Set aside.
Step 2: Heat wok over a high heat. Add sesame oil, swirling pan to coat. Add broccolini stalks. Cook for 1 minute. Add capsicum, carrot, onion and corn. Cook for a further 1 minute.
Step 3: Add garlic, broccolini florets and 1 Tbsp water. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Stir in sambal mixture and 1 Tbsp water then cook for a further 1 minute or until broccolini is just tender. Stir in basil and chives. Serve.
Along with this sambal vegetable stir-fry you’ll find more quick ‘n’ easy recipes inside the September issue, PLUS you’re sure to love the 20 page super kitchen special!