• 500-600g day old bread such as wholemeal sourdough (approx 6 thick slices)
• 300g char-grilled vegetables, drained
• ½ small red onion, finely sliced
• 200g leg ham, cut into a large dice
• ½ cup torn basil leaves
• 20 bambini bocconcini balls (or 100g grated mozzarella)
• 6 eggs
• 1½cups low fat milk
• 1 cup low fat grated tasty cheese
Preheat oven 180˚ C and grease a 2 litre capacity baking dish with cooking spray.
Cut crusts off bread and cut into large 3cm cubes; place into a mixing bowl and add char-grill vegetables, onion, ham and basil and toss to mix well.
Spoon into baking dish evenly and scatter with basil leaves and bocconcini balls. Whisk eggs and milk together and season with freshly ground black pepper.
Pour over bread and stand for 5 minutes.
Top with grated cheese and bake 35 minutes or until egg is set and bread is golden.
Serve hot with fresh green salad or asparagus.
Recipe courtesy of eggs.org.au