• ½ cup Australian robust extra virgin olive oil
• 2 Tbsp tomato paste
• 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
• 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
• 1 Tbsp brown sugar
• 1 Tbsp oregano leaves
• Sea-salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
• 250g punnet vine-ripened tomatoes, on the vine, in clusters
• ½ cup mixed whole olives
Preheat oven to 200°C. Combine all ingredients except vine-ripened tomatoes and olives in a large roasting tray. Season generously with salt and pepper.
Bake for 20 minutes or until tomatoes blister and sauce thickens. Add vine-ripened tomatoes and olives and bake for a further 10 minutes or until vine- ripened tomatoes burst and blister.
Serve roasted tomato and olive sauce with grilled chicken, meat or fish, or stirred through your favourite pasta.