• 2L neapolitan ice-cream, plus extra, to decorate
• 1/2 cup freckles, roughly chopped, plus extra to decorate
• 1/2 cup chopped marshmallows, roughly chopped, plus extra to decorate
• 1/2 cup raspberries lollies, roughly chopped, plus extra to decorate
• X-Treme Strawberry Sour Straps, white choc whirls, sprinkles, strawberry topping, to decorate
Note: Allow overnight freezing
Put vanilla, chocolate and strawberry ice-cream in separate medium bowls. Stand ice-cream for 5 minutes to soften but not melt. Add freckles to chocolate ice-cream and stir gently to combine. Add marshmallow to vanilla ice-cream and stir gently to combine. Add raspberries to strawberry ice-cream and stir to gently combine.
Spoon chocolate ice-cream mixture into an 18 x 7cm-deep non-stick deep loose-based round cake tin. Top with strawberry ice-cream mixture, followed by vanilla ice-cream mixture. Cover tin with plastic wrap. Tap tin firmly on a flat surface to remove air bubbles, then freeze overnight.
Unmould ice-cream cake (if tight, rub a hot cloth around edge of tin to soften ice-cream slightly). Put cake on a cake stand. Decorate with extra scoops of ice-cream and confectionery. Top with sprinkles and drizzle with strawberry topping. Serve.
This recipe originally appeared in Family Circle, Christmas 2015.