Nutrition per serve (5)
• 11g protein
• 22g carbohydrate
• 23g fat
• 7.9g saturated fat
• 3.4g fibre
• 742mg sodium
• 1⁄2 cup white quinoa
• 1 cup water
• 250g tray trussed cherry tomatoes
• 1 red onion, cut into wedges
• 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• Juice of 1 lemon
• 2 Tbsp white balsamic vinegar
• Sea-salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
• 1 cup pitted kalamata olives
• 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
• 1⁄4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
• 1⁄4 cup mint leaves, torn
• 1 tsp dried oregano
• 200g feta, cut into 2cm cubes
Rinse quinoa, then drain well and transfer to a medium saucepan with water. Put over a high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 10-15 minutes or until water is absorbed and quinoa is tender. Spread out over a large tray to cool to room temperature.
Preheat a barbecue grill plate to medium or put a chargrill pan over a medium heat. Toss tomatoes, onion and 2 Tbsp of the oil in a large bowl.
Grill onion for 2 minutes, turning occasionally, then add tomatoes and grill for a further 2 minutes or until onion is lightly charred and tomato skins are starting to burst. Transfer back to large bowl and toss with lemon juice and vinegar, then season with salt and pepper. Add olives, cucumber, fresh and dried herbs, and cooled quinoa, then gently toss to combine.
Spoon salad into a large serving bowl or platter and top with feta. Drizzle over remaining oil to serve.