• Preheat oven to 170°C.
• Grease an 8-cup capacity casserole with melted butter.
• Put pudding-mix sachet of a 260g packet Green’s Sticky Date Self-Saucing Pudding in a large bowl. Add 1 egg, 40g softened butter and 2 Tbsp water.
• Beat on low, using an electric hand mixer, until combined.
• Beat for a further 2 minutes on high. Pour batter into prepared dish and smooth.
• Top with 1 thinly sliced banana and ¼ cup flaked almonds.
• Sprinkle sauce sachet over top of batter.
• Carefully pour 1½ cups boiling water over top. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until sponge is springy.
• Serve with vanilla ice-cream and crushed chocolate-coated honeycomb.