Just pop butternut cubes in the microwave with stock, cook for 20 minutes, puree and you’re done! Too easy!
* 1kg butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 3cm pieces
* 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
* ²⁄³ cup light thickened cream
* 1 bunch chives, finely chopped
* Light sour cream, to serve
* Toasted pumpkin seeds (pepitas), to serve
* Chopped flat-leaf parsley, to serve
* Sea-salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
* Chargrilled bread, to serve
Put pumpkin and stock in a large microwave bowl. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and cook on high/100% for 20 minutes or until pumpkin is soft. Using a stick blender or food processor, puree soup until smooth.
Stir in thickened cream and chives. Ladle soup into bowls and top with dollops of sour cream.
Sprinkle over toasted pumpkin seeds and parsley. Season with salt and pepper and serve with chargrilled bread on the side.