• 2 cups roast pork shoulder meat, coarsely shredded
• 1 red onion, finely sliced
• 4 cloves garlic, crushed
• 2 tsp ground cumin
• 2 tsp dried oregano
• 1 tsp ground coriander
• 2 tsp sherry vinegar
• 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
• 2 cups baby spinach leaves
• 1 cup cheddar cheese, coarsely grated
• ½ cup blanched almonds, toasted, chopped
• 1 cup coriander leaves, roughly chopped
• Sea-salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
• 8 jumbo tortillas
• Vegetable oil, to shallow-fry
• Guacamole, to serve
• Tomato salsa, to serve
• Sour cream, to serve
Put pork, onion, garlic, spices and vinegar in a large bowl, mixing to combine. Set aside for 5 minutes. Add capsicum, spinach, cheddar, almonds and coriander. Season.
Lay tortillas on a clean surface. Divide filling among them. Fold in the side, then roll up to enclose.
Pour enough oil into large, deep saucepan until 2cm deep. Heat to 160°C on a cook’s thermometer. Cook tortillas in
2 batches, turning several times, for 2 minutes or until well-browned, then drain on kitchen paper. Serve with guacamole, salsa and sour cream.