• 1 red onion, finely sliced
• 1 red capsicum, sliced
• 6 cloves garlic, sliced
• ½ cup pitted green olives, halved
• ¼ bunch thyme, chopped
• 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• ½ cup white wine
• 1 tsp smoked paprika
• 800g desiree potatoes, peeled, very finely sliced
• ²⁄³ cup chicken stock
• ¼ cup Greek-style feta, crumbled
• Extra thyme sprigs, to serve
Preheat oven to 180°C. Put onion, capsicum, garlic, olive, thyme and oil in a medium ovenproof frying pan over a medium heat. Cook for 5 minutes or until vegetables are softened. Add wine and cook until evaporated.
Sprinkle paprika over onion mixture, then layer over potato and pour in stock. Bring to the boil and cook for 10 minutes. Cover pan with foil, transfer to oven and bake for 20 minutes or until potato is tender. Remove foil. Bake for a further 10 minutes.
Sprinkle over feta, then bake for 10 minutes or until golden and crisp on top. Sprinkle with extra thyme sprigs to serve.