- A third of us will scroll through photos and videos of their fluffy friends on their phone when on holiday.
- One in 10 of pet owners even video-call their pets when away from home.
- One in 10 have cried on their holidays because they miss their pet.
- 1 in 10 pet owners will skip weddings to stay home with their pet.
- 6% of pet owners will pass on dates, choosing to cuddle up to their pet instead.
- 26% purchase holiday gifts for their pets to ease their guilt at leaving a pet behind.
- Half of all Australian pet owners will fret about their pet missing them while they’re away.
- One in 10 will spend between $100 - $150 on food, toys and special care to keep their pet content while away.
Tim Lyons, CEO of TrustedHousesitters, said the parental guilt of leaving pets behind often stems from the challenge of finding suitable and reliable pet care that owners can afford.
“It’s a sad fact that many Aussie pet owners struggle to switch off and enjoy their holiday because they worry about their pet. No pet owner should have to feel guilty about enjoying the cultural and culinary experiences travel affords us because their pet can’t join the fun,” said Tim.
You might also like: