Don’t miss our BIG 36 page Italian special in the November issue. Get started with these delicious Arancini balls!
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
• 2 Tbsp finely chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
• 3 free-range eggs, lightly beaten
• 3 cups Risotto alla Milanese, cold
• 50g mozzarella, cut into 14 x 1cm cubes
• ½ cup plain flour
• 2 cups dried breadcrumbs
• Vegetable oil, to deep-fry
• Sea-salt flakes, to season
• Lemon wedges, to serve
• Micro herbs, to serve
1. Line 2 oven trays with baking paper. Put parsley, 1 of the eggs and risotto in a large bowl. Stir.
2. Roll 2 Tbsp of the risotto mixture into a ball. Push a hole into centre. Fill hole with a mozzarella cube. Re-roll to enclose filling. Put on 1 tray.
3. Repeat Step 2 with remaining risotto and filling to make 14.
4. Lightly beat the remaining eggs in a medium bowl. Put flour and crumbs in separate bowls. Roll balls in flour, dip in egg and coat in crumbs. Put on other tray.
5. Pour oil into a large deep saucepan until 5cm deep. Heat to 180°C on a cook’s thermometer or until a cube of bread turns golden in 30 seconds. Cook, in 2 batches, for 4 minutes or until golden and heated through. Drain on paper towel. Season and serve with lemon and herbs.
For more delicious Italian recipes don’t miss our 36 page special in the November issue of Better Homes and Gardens magazine!