Here comes the sun! It’s time to set yourself up for the warmer months and we’ve got a BIG outdoor living special just for you in our November issue! Get inspired and spruce up your backyard with our gorgeous outdoor living ideas. Plus, become a Grecian goddess and delight anyone and everyone at your table, from moreish moussaka to so-good souvlaki and everything in between!
Also in this month’s issue
- BEST ever carrot cake
- Lawn fast fixes
- Clever kitchen space savers
- Beaut DIY projects
Tray bake Greek-style chicken
preparation time 10 mins
cooking time 45 mins
- 4 chicken thigh cutlets, skin on
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 2 red onions, cut into thin wedges
- 1 garlic bulb, halved
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp oregano leaves
- 2 Tbsp rosemary leaves
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- Sea-salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- ½ cup mixed whole olives
- Greek village salad, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan-forced (200°C conventional). Put chicken, onion, garlic and lemon into a large roasting tray. Drizzle with oil and scatter herbs and fennel seeds over the top. Use your hands to toss well to coat in oil and herbs. Season.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and scatter the olives over the top. Cook for a further 10 minutes or until chicken is golden and cooked through when tested. Serve roasting tray straight to the table with Greek salad on the side.
To make Greek village salad:
Put 3 roughly diced vine-ripened tomatoes, 1 peeled Lebanese cucumber, halved lengthways and coarsely chopped, ½ Spanish onion, thinly sliced, ½ cup Kalamata olives, 80 ml olive oil and 60ml red wine vinegar. Toss well. Serve topped with a 100g piece Greek feta, then sprinkle 1 tsp dried Greek oregano over the top and season.
Squeeze the juice and flesh from the cooked lemon wedges onto your chicken pieces for extra citrusy zing!