Made from raw and organic ingredients, these Bliss Balls for your four-legged friend are quick and easy to make, and are a delicious yet healthy treat perfect for rewarding good behaviour. Vet and owner of My Vet Animal Hospital Dr Cherlene Lee has pulled together this pooch-friendly recipe herself, so you know it’s 100 per cent safe
1/2 cup of Coconut Flour
1/3 cup of Desiccated Coconut
1/3 cup of Rice Bubbles
For Banana Bliss Balls:
1 Ripe Banana
1 tbsp of Carob Powder
1/3 cup of Smooth Peanut Butter
For Pear Bliss Balls:
1/2 cup of Pureed Pear (I do stew my own and then puree them but you can get them from the store, just make sure that they are in water not syrup.)
1/8 cup of Coconut Oil – check that you are getting pure coconut oil!
- Combine all of your wet ingredients (banana, carob and peanut butter OR pear and coconut oil) together in a bowl.
- Add the Coconut Flour and Desiccated Coconut to the wet mixture and mix it together well.
- Lightly crush the Rice Bubbles and add them to the bowl. Mix it all together.
- Roll your mixture into bite-sized balls then coat them with a little more of the Desiccated Coconut to hold the whole lot together.
- Stick your Fur Baby’s Bliss Balls in the fridge and wait for them to get nice and firm. This usually takes around 30 mins for them to firm up on a cool day but in summer it takes at least an hour.
These Bliss Balls make a great treat for your furbaby, but once they’re made they should be eaten straight away, kept in the fridge, or frozen for up to 1 month and then defrosted in the fridge so they stay nice and firm.
You might also like: