Blackheads unfortunately aren’t just the domain of hormonal and greasy teenagers.
In fact, they seem to get worse the older you get.
Although they can be fun to squeeze (and there’s a whole niche market for blackhead popping videos – gross, right?) you really should avoid it to protect your delicate skin.
To prevent being someone who could make a viral video with Dr Pimple Popper, there is an easy at-home solution using just a few super simple ingredients – egg whites and lemon juice.
Lemon juice on blackheads had been shown to reduce the frequency and severity of them.
The bonus is it will also help reduce discolouration caused by scars and age spots.
Try this remedy:
- Clean the area you are working with first (face, chest, back etc).
- Mix egg white and juice of a freshly squeezed lemon in a bowl.
- Apply the mix over the area and let it dry.
- Pull the mask off gently and the blackheads should come out.
- Rinse with cool water and pat dry with a clean towel.
You can do this one or two times a week as needed until the problem goes away.
This article originally appeared on Starts at 60.