Lemon and ginger chicken skewers
Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
- Finely-grated zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 6cm piece ginger, grated
- 2 Tbsp honey
- ½ Tbsp sesame oil, plus ½ Tbsp extra
- 12 chicken tenderloins
- Sea-salt flakes and freshly-ground black pepper, to season
- 2 slices day-old sourdough bread
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp dried Italian herbs
- 400g udon noodles
- ¼ bunch coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Steamed broccolini, sliced green shallots, lime cheeks and toasted sesame seeds, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C fan-forced (220°C conventional). Line 2 large oven trays with baking paper. Combine zest, juice, ginger, honey and sesame oil in a bowl, then add chicken and mix well. Season and then thread the chicken onto skewers. Arrange one of the prepared trays.
- Put the bread in a food processor and pulse until torn into coarse pieces. Toss with the extra virgin olive oil, garlic and Italian herbs and season generously with salt. Scatter on the remaining oven tray, then bake along with the chicken for 15 minutes, until crumbs are golden and crisp and chicken is firm to touch.
- Cook the udon noodles according to the directions on packet. Drain well, then toss with the coriander and extra sesame oil. Serve with chicken, breadcrumbs, broccolini, shallots, lime cheeks, and sesame seeds.
For more fast and fresh recipes, pick up a copy of our April issue in store of buy online today!