Take the time to plan ahead and get on top of these head-to-toe beauty essentials now. Not only will you look and feel fabulous, you’ll also be freed up to devote more time and energy to enjoying yourself this holiday season.
• Haircut and colour Start with getting your hair done as freshly cut ends will be less susceptible to the drying effects of chlorine and salt water. Have it styled so it looks great and coloured if you need to cover any regrowth. And get yourself a UV protection spray, so your colour survives the summer without fading.
• Eyebrow shape Get your brows professionally shaped or do them yourself. If they are patchy with lighter hairs, get them tinted too – a very light brown is as dark as you need to go – and follow-up with a brow pencil if they still need added definition.
• Eyelash tint Have your eyelashes tinted and you can do away with your mascara for at least three weeks. Darker lashes will also make your eyes look brighter and bigger in any happy snaps.
• Shellac polish Colour on your fingers and toes is a must-have. Normal polish lasts about a week, whereas shellac will last two! You do have to go to a salon, so book in for a mani-pedi and really spoil yourself.
• Waxing Ditch your razor – at least for summer – and go for a wax job. Have your legs, bikini line and underarms done or take the plunge and get the works. Waxing is quick and the initial sting is gone in a flash. You will enjoy weeks of hairless joy and no scratchy regrowth.
• Body polish Once a week, take a few minutes to polish your skin. Use a body scrub in the shower to smooth away dry, dead cells. Give knees, feet, ankles and elbows extra attention, then finish up with a body lotion.
• Fake tan Get beach-ready by giving your skin a faux sun-kissed glow. After exfoliating, slip on a pair of disposable gloves and apply a self-tanner. For a subtle colour, use a mix of half body lotion and half selftanner. You can easily maintain or build the colour as you like.