The $9 cubes, or packing cells, are small zippered polyester bags that come on three sizes: small, medium and large.
“My suitcase has never been so neat, compact and organised,” said one reader.
“Group together items; seasonal, dirty, underwear. Packs can be placed straight into the hotel wardrobe for easy access and then pop back into the bag quickly and easily,” they added.
Others were impressed by how the packing cubes allowed them to fit “much more” that usual in their suitcase.
“I have done two long trips to Europe now. The last time was for over a month in two very different weather zones. I was still able to pack everything into one small bag,” said another reader.
Tips for using packing cubes:
1. Allocate specific coloured cells and sizes to different types of clothes so you can find them easily.
2. If you’re travelling through different climates, assign one coloured cube for winter clothes and the other to summer.
3. Buy two sets of packing cubes if you need to compartmentalise more.
4. Use two different colours for two different people and pack half and half in case one suitcase goes missing.
5. Use the tabs to hang packing cubes from hooks in bathrooms so your clothes stay dry.
6. Pack shower gel and shampoo in a cube.
7. Sort children’s clothes from adults with different coloured cubes.
8. Allocate one packing cube to dirty clothes and washing.
You might also like: