So what trends should we expect to see in the new year? Here are Kitchen Warehouse’s hot picks for 2017:
1. DIY was big in 2016 and we’ll see this trend continuing into 2017 with people taking control of their own wellness and going back to basics with pickling, curing and fermenting
2. The market is catering for the millennials with the introduction of the new KitchenAid Mini Mixer. With studies finding 76 per cent of millennials love to cook, and are doing so on average 4.9 times a week, a 44 per cent increase from 2015 (based on KitchenAid data). Millennials are cooking and entertaining in a different way, it is all about experience, decor and making an impression, whether the food is homemade or bought in.
3. Organic tableware is a trend we see sticking around for 2017 with raw finishes, organic shapes, timbers and unique textures and finishes.
4. Towards the end of 2016 we’ve seen a move to matte finish cutlery with black, brass and gold taking off.
5. Colour trends for 2017 will take a mark towards the latter half of the year with terracottas, kale greens, dark timbers and cork.
6. Smoking guns and the Avanti Infrared Digital BBQ Thermometer were top sellers this year, showing men are taking a more serious stance in the kitchen with precision cooking and products aimed at this section of the market.