Delicious and nutritious
• Cooking oil spray, to grease
• 400g pork mince
• 200g beef mince
• 2 green shallots, thinly sliced
• 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
• 2 eggs, lightly beaten
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• 1/4 cup semi-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
• 1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves, roughly chopped
• 1/4 cup basil leaves, roughly chopped
• 15g parmesan, finely grated
• Sea-salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
• 3/4 cup pitted green Sicilian olives
• 80g pistachios
• 2 thin slices prosciutto, torn into pieces
• 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• Extra basil leaves, to garnish
• Rocket and parmesan salad, to serve (optional)
• Ciabatta bread, to serve (optional)
• Balsamic glaze, to drizzle (optional)
Preheat oven to 180ºC. Grease a 12 x 22cm loaf tin with cooking oil spray and line base and sides with baking paper.
Put minces, shallots, breadcrumbs, eggs, garlic, semi-dried tomatoes, oregano, basil and parmesan in a large bowl and mix with a wooden spoon until combined. Season, then stir in 1/2 of the olives and pistachios.
Spoon mixture into prepared tin and flatten top with the back of a large spoon. Thickly slice remaining olives and press onto mince, along with prosciutto and remaining pistachios. Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 50 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
Remove meatloaf from tin and transfer to a serving board. Serve scattered with extra basil and, if desired, rocket and parmesan salad, ciabatta bread and balsamic glaze on the side.