• 500g beef mince
• 2 eggs, lightly beaten
• 2 tsp dried Italian herbs
• 1/2 cup dried breadcrumbs
• Sea-salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
• 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 60g baby spinach leaves
• 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped
• 1 cup frozen peas
• 750g tomato-based pasta sauce
• 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
• Extra flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped, to garnish
• Crusty bread, to serve
• Green salad, to serve
Preheat oven to 250°C. Put mince, eggs, dried Italian herbs and breadcrumbs in a large bowl and combine with a wooden spoon. Season. With damp hands, roll 1 Tbsp of mixture into a ball and set aside on a plate. Repeat with remaining mixture. Heat 1 Tbsp of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Cook half of the meatballs, turning, for 8 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a large casserole dish. Repeat with remaining oil and meatballs.
To same frying pan, add spinach leaves, parsley, peas and pasta sauce. Bring to the boil and pour over meatballs. Sprinkle with mozzarella. Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese has melted. Garnish with extra parsley and serve with crusty bread and green salad.
The Better Homes and Garden Mid-Year Price Drop sale is now on! Take advantage of our lowest price for year & pay ONLY $55 for 13 issues. That’s a 35% saving on the shop price + free delivery is included. Subscribe now as you don’t want to miss this deal!