The sound of flowing water is so pleasing; it’s just one of the many delights of a tranquil water feature in your garden. But instead of having a simple pump in a pond, go one further and create a truly outstanding feature, hightlighted by an attractive mosaic tile wall. This project makes use of an existing freestanding wall and garden bed. If you have a wall but no bed, build one using brick pavers or blocks secured with mortar mix. Be sure to let it dry thoroughly before starting the project.
What we planted
1. You can liven your landscape with the dramatic foliage of elephant ears (Colocasia sp.).
2. Make a statement in any garden with Agave attenuata’s rosette of thick, fleshy leaves.
3. Add year-round interest with Dianella ‘Silver Streak’. Plant in clumps for showy impact.
4. Forming a dense carpet of pretty flowers, Pratia pedunculata is a terrific filler and groundcover.
5. This incredibly tough cycad (Zamia furfuracea) is low maintenance, too.