When the weather’s bad, don’t be surprised to see your four-legged friend restless and itching to play.
Try these indoor games to keep both Bolt and Sylvester physically and mentally engaged until the sun returns! Tailor to your pet’s physical ability and offer lots of praise.
- Play ‘find the marble’ – hide a yummy treat in one of three cups and give the reward if they sniff out the right one.
- Drag string or throw a small ball or crumpled paper across the floor and over furniture, then watch your cat’s hunting instincts go wild.
- Ask your dog to sit and wait while you go hide. Find me Fido!
- Set up an obstacle course using tables and chairs. Jump!
- Place empty cardboard boxes around the room for your little lion to hide in and jump out of.
- Run up and down the stairs together. You’ll all be tired in no time!
- Train pup to give you a high five. It will take time – but it’s a crowd-pleasing dog-park trick!