Try this delicious pastry recipe. It’s so easy and yummy – hot, warm or cold. Scatter over a handful of salad leaves just before serving.
Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 2 ready-rolled shortcrust pastry sheets, thawed
- 4 Tbsp onion chutney
- 100g crème fraîche
- 100g mature cheddar, grated
- 2 free-range eggs
- Sea-salt flakes and fresy ground black pepper, to season
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 slices prosciutto
- Sweet mache lettuce, rocket or mixed leaves, to serve
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and line a baking sheet with parchment. Unroll the pastry on the baking sheet. Spread the chutney over the surface, leaving a border of about 1cm free around the edges. Fold in the edges and roughly pinch them together at the corners to make a raised border.
- In a bowl, whisk the crème fraîche, cheese and eggs with a little salt and a good pinch of pepper. Pour the mixture into the centre of the tart, easing it out towards the edges with the back of a spoon. Top with tomatoes, cut-side facing up, and ruf es of prosciutto.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 mins, until the pastry is golden and the lling has set. Leave to cool a little before scattering over the lamb’s lettuce, or leave to cool completely and store in the fridge. Lovely for lunch the next day.
For more delicious recipes, pick up a copy of our November issue in store or buy online here today!