Green bean, broccolini, and salmon salad with teriyaki dressing
Preparation time 15 mins
Cooking time 5 mins
- 200g broccolini
- 300g green beans, trimmed
- 100g edamame beans, thawed
- (if frozen)
- 150g hot smoked salmon
- 3 green shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp mirin
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- To make dressing, whisk together all the ingredients in a small bowl until combined. Set aside.
- Heat a large saucepan of salted water on high until boiling. Drop in broccolini and cook for 2 minutes. Add green beans and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add edamame beans and cook for 1 minute. Drain everything well and return to pan. Cool, then toss with half the dressing. Divide between 2 serving plates.
- Top evenly with flaked salmon, then scatter over sliced shallots, sesame seeds and chilli. Serve with remaining dressing on the side for drizzling as desired.
- You can use broccoli cut into portions with the stem instead of broccolini.
- If you prefer fresh salmon, brush a non-stick frying pan with olive oil and cook 150g of salmon portions for 2-3 minutes on each side, until cooked to taste. Flake to use with salad.
For more delicious recipes, pick up a copy of our March issue, on sale in selected newsagents and supermarkets or buy online here today!