Winter is well on its way, so rug up and get your DIY on with 55 winter deco ideas and plenty of pages of craft from our August issue! We've also got five new hot and hearty soups to share with your loved ones – they’re souper simple and easy to make! Plus, we're giving away $30,000 in prizes in our Big Mid-Year Giveaway, and don't miss your chance to win a Bosch 8 Star Heat Pump Dryer valued at over $2,699 each! All inside our August issue, on sale now!
Oven Roasted Middle Eastern Cauliflower Soup
Preparation time 20 minutes
Cooking time 30 minutes
- 1kg cauliflower, cut into 5cm florets
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 brown onions, cut into wedges
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp
- 8 small sprigs of thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground sumac, plus extra to serve
- Sea-salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- 25L salt-reduced chicken stock
- 2 tsp pomegranate molasses
- Mint sprigs, to serve
- Finely grated lemon zest and lemon wedges, to serve
- Crusty bread, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C fan-forced (220°C conventional). Put cauliflower, chickpeas and onion into a large roasting tray. Drizzle with oil, scatter thyme, garlic, cumin and sumac over the top. Season, toss well to coat, then spread out into a single layer. Roast for 25 minutes or until cauliflower is light golden and cauliflower is just tender
- Meanwhile, pour chicken stock into a large saucepan and bring to the boil over high heat. 3 Add all the roast onion pieces, two thirds of the cauliflower and two thirds of the chickpeas. Reserve thyme sprigs and remaining cauliflower and chickpeas - cover with foil to keep warm.
- Simmer for 5 minutes then blend with a stick blender until smooth. Season. Divide the soup amongst bowls and top with remaining cauliflower, chickpeas and thyme sprigs.
- Drizzle with extra oil and molasses. Scatter with mint and sprinkle with lemon zest and extra sumac. Serve with lemon wedges and crusty bread.
For more hot and hearty soups, pick up a copy of our August issue, on sale in selected newsagents and supermarkets or buy online here today.