Try this delicious pork belly recipe from our BONUS* 36-page Christmas cookbook!
Pork belly with chunky stone fruit salsa
Preparation time 20 mins plus overnight resting
Cooking time 2 hours
- 1½ kg boneless pork belly
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1/8 tsp mixed spice
CHUNKY STONE FRUIT SALSA
- 2 peaches, stone removed, cut into chunks
- 2 nectarines, stone removed, cut into chunks
- 1 red onion, chopped
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 long red chilli (or ½ tsp dried chilli flakes) sliced
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- Using a sharp knife, score the pork skin at 1.5cm intervals.
- To make marinade, combine all ingredients in a shallow dish. Add pork, ensuring the marinade doesn’t touch the pork rind. Chill, uncovered, overnight to allaow skin to dry out.
- Preheat oven to 180C fan-forced (200C conventional). Rub salt and oil into pork skin. Place pork, skin-side down, on an oven tray. Roast 1 ½ hours. Remove pork from oven.
- Increase temperature to 200C fan-forced (220C conventional). Turn pork skin side up. Roast a further 25-30 minutes until the skin is golden and crispy and the meat is tender.
- Meanwhile, to make chunky stone fruit salsa, mix peaches, nectarines, onion, brown sugar, vinegar and chilli together in a shallow baking dish. Bake 5-10 minutes, stirring once. Cool slightly, stir in coriander.
- Serve pork belly in slices, accompanied with salsa and salads or vegetables of choice.
For more delicious recipes, pick up a copy of our December issue in store or buy online here today!
*Only with the December 2019 issue of Better Homes and Gardens magazine in selected outlets for just 55c more while stocks last.