LAMB, TOMATO AND HALOUMI SKEWERS WITH PESTO
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes + 5 minutes resting
*You will need 12 small metal or bamboo skewers for this recipe.
- 500g lean lamb leg steaks, cut into 3cm cubes
- 250g mixed cherry tomatoes
- 250g haloumi, cut into 3cm cubes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Zest of 1 lemon + wedges, to serve
- 1 Tbsp oregano leaves, finely chopped
- 100ml good quality basil pesto, to serve
- Thread the lamb, tomatoes and haloumi alternatively onto the skewers. Brush skewers with oil, season and sprinkle with lemon zest and oregano
- Heat a large, lightly oiled char-grill or barbecue over medium-high heat. Cook skewers, in batches, if necessary, for 8-10 minutes, turning regularly, until slightly charred and meat is cooked to your liking. Set skewers aside on a plate loosely covered with foil for 5 minutes to rest
- Serve skewers with pesto and lemon wedges\
- Soak bamboo skewers in cold water for 10 minutes to prevent burning.
- You can use lamb fillet, backstrap or rump instead of lamb leg steaks.
For more delicious summer recipes, pick up a copy of our January issue, on sale in selected newsagents and supermarkets or buy online here today!