Autumn is here and this month we’ve got garden ideas galore with the top tips and weekend projects to make your garden pop! You’ll also find 35 pages of dreamy bedroom ideas and we’re giving away $14,000 in luxury bedding to help style your bedroom beautiful!
Plus, you can bake your perfect Anzac slice from the cover and create a beautiful quilt with our top 8 patchwork designs! All of this and more inside our May issue, on sale now.
Anzac caramel tart with banana and passionfruit
- Melted butter, to grease, plus extra 100g unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- 1 ½ cups plain flour
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup golden syrup
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 Tbsp boiling water
- 50g unsalted butter
- ¼ cup golden syrup
- 395g sweetened condensed milk
- Whipped cream
- Passionfruit pulp
- Mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 160°C fan-forced (180°C conventional). Grease base and sides of a 23.5cm x 5cm fluted loose bottomed tart tin, and line base with baking paper.
- Put oats, flour, sugar and coconut in a large bowl. Stir to combine.
- Put golden syrup and extra butter in a small saucepan over a low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until melted and simmering. Stir in bicarb and boiling water then remove from heat.
- Pour golden syrup mixture into oat mixture. Stir until combined.
- Spoon mixture into prepared tin. Use back of a large spoon to smooth.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until light golden.
- Gently push cooked base down using the back of a dessert spoon to slightly flatten.
- Meanwhile, to make caramel filling, put 50g butter and ¼ cup golden syrup in a medium saucepan over a high heat.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until butter has melted. Bring to the boil and cook for 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium and add 395g can sweetened condensed milk.
- Cook, stirring vigorously, for 4 minutes or until mixture has thickened and slightly darkened.
- Pour hot mixture over warm oat tart base and spread evenly, leaving a 5mm border.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until caramel is light golden.
- Set aside to cool completely in tin, then transfer to a serving plate.
- Top with whipped cream, sliced banana and passionfruit pulp. Garnish with mint leaves. Serve.