• 2 Tbsp finely chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
• 3 free-range eggs, lightly beaten
• 3 cups Risotto alla Milanese (click here for recipe)
• ½ cup Ragu (click here for recipe), cold or warm, or 50g mozzarella, cut into 14 x 1cm cubes
• ½ cup plain flour
• 2 cups dried breadcrumbs
• Vegetable oil, to deep-fry
• Sea-salt flakes, to season
• Lemon wedges, to serve
• Micro herbs, to serve
Line 2 oven trays with baking paper. Put parsley, 1 of the eggs and risotto in a large bowl. Stir.
Roll 2 Tbsp of the risotto mixture into a ball. Push a hole into centre. Fill hole with 1 tsp ragu or a mozzarella cube. Re-roll to enclose filling. Put on 1 tray.
Repeat Step 2 with remaining risotto and filling to make 14.
Lightly beat the remaining eggs in a medium bowl. Put flour and crumbs in separate bowls. Roll balls in flour, dip in egg and coat in crumbs. Put on other tray.
Pour oil into a large deep saucepan until 5cm deep. Heat to 180°C on a cook’s thermometer or until a cube of bread turns golden in 30 seconds. Cook, in 2 batches, for 4 minutes or until golden and heated through. Drain on paper towel. Season and serve with lemon and herbs.